CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Person of the Week: Shelton Jackson and Jonathan Perry








Hey these two guys are awesome people and i am glad to call them friends. They have done outstanding advocacy work on behalf of the 1.1 million people living with HIV/AIDS in the United States.

Shelton Jackson a 29 year old HIV positive black gay male is an author who has just completed his second book entitled The Dawn of a New Day. Soon after entering college, Shelton met and fell in love with someone who taught him about the love of a person, how to give with no external expectations, and to accept other’s limitations. Shelton and Conan had their problems like other couples, or so they thought until Conan’s bout with an unrelenting cold changed their world. Conan was diagnosed with AIDS. No longer was money, bills, jealousy or housekeeping, etc. of any importance. The idea of loosing a life partner put things in perspective. Immortality and time became the issues. Nevertheless, the decisions that he made as a naïve boy of nineteen to prove his endless requited love, guided him through the paths that fostered him into the man he is presently. Shelton is active in the fight to abolish this deadly disease. Shelton is determined not to let another child or an adult to make the same uninformed decisions that he made. He teaches others how to protect themselves. His lectures contain information regarding those most at risk and he lets others know that they do not have to die to prove that they can love or be loved.

Jonathan Perry also 29 year old HIV positive black gay male who has done tireless work for the HIV/AIDS Community, here is what Jonathan have to say about living with HIV/AIDS.It never fails. No matter where I go or what I am doing people want to know why I am so candid about my life, especially my HIV status. I am a strong individual, so it is certainly not about "the how" and more about "the why" of it all. I know I didn't have to do it, but I am so glad I did.
You see, I have this philosophy that has proven an easier standard by which to live than not. I keep my skeletons on the front door so when people begin rambling [through my closets] all they will find are my clothes. I keep very little of my life a secret. The reason behind my practice is duplicitous. One, if there are no secret, there is no scandal; and two, if I take off my mask, you will take off yours.Nelson Mandela once said, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you...And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."My amenability to live and walk in my truth and moreover, to SHARE my life inspires others to want to do the same. As I overcome the pain of rejection and almost insufferable heartlessness inflicted by the sincerely ignorant and conscientiously stupid of our free thinking society, other people will see that it is possible and indeed ok to be what and who you are without any admission of error whatsoever.I am not afforded the luxury of a thick skin, because then I can’t see out and you can't see in.